Metabones BMPCC4K > EF Speedbooster CINE XL 0.64x
- Specially designed for The BMPCC4K
- Gains 1 1/3 stops of light
- Reduces the MFT crop of 2,02x to 1,29x
- Locking EF-Mount
- For use with Full-Frame EF Lenses
The BMPCC4K Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x and XL 0.64x are similar to the standard M43 Speed Booster adapters (MB_SPEF-m43-BT5 or MB_SPEF-m43-BT6), but the optics have been redesigned to optimize them for the 2.4 mm filter stack thickness. So they are compatible with Blackmagic cameras instead of standard Micro Four Thirds.
In addition to the optimized optical design, the CINE version is equipped with an extremely robust, positive locking mechanism in cine format, which ensures that there is no play when focusing. This is particularly important when using EF lenses from the cine range, as they allow very smooth focusing.
The BMPCC4K Speed Booster XL 0.64x reduces the crop factor of the BMPCC 4K camera from 2.02x to 1.29x and produces the largest aperture currently available with a maximum value of f/0.8. Metabone’s XL adapters are particularly suitable for full-frame lenses, while the ULTRA series are available for DX/APS-C lenses.
Attention: Metabones Canon EF to BMPCC4K Speed Booster Adapters have been developed exclusively for the Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K (BMPCC4K). They cannot be connected to other M4/3 cameras such as JVC, Olympus or Panasonic cameras.
In the Case
- Metabones BMPCC4K > EF Speedbooster CINE XL 0.64x
- 2x hex keys
- screw-on base
- 2x plugs in bag
- 2x caps
- original box
- Canon EF mount lens to Blackmagic Design cameras with M43 mount, specific for BMPCC4K.
- Increase maximum aperture by 1 1/3 stop. (with a maximum output aperture of f/0.80).
- Increase MTF.
- Makes lens 0.64x wider.
- Patented 7-element/4-group optical design by Caldwell Photographic in the USA.
- Lens iris/aperture is set by the controls on the camera body.
- Smooth iris support with the latest Canon (2009+), Tamron (SP series 2013+) and Sigma (2016+) lens models.
- Image stabilization (IS) lens support.
- Push autofocus if supported by camera.
- Powered by camera body. With most lenses, no external power source required.
- Patented positive-lock EF lens mount.
- Detachable tripod foot compatible with Arca-type ball head, such as Arca Swiss, Markins and Photo Clam or attach to quick release plate by a 1/4″ 20 screw.
- The tripod foot is tailor-made to match the exact height as the BMPCC4K camera body.
- Flocking to reduce internal reflection.
- Rubber gasket protects M43 mount connection from dust and moisture.
- Aluminum alloy and brass construction with chromium plating.
- Satin surface finish.
|Compatible Lenses||Incompatible Lenses|
* = Smooth iris support
|No Lens OIS/VC Support
No AF Support
No Iris Support without External Power Supply
Table of compatibility and resulting crop factors with different SpeedBooster® :
List of manual focus lenses which REQUIRE MODIFICATION to be used on Speed Booster®
Many manual focus lenses have rear protrusions (spikes, levers, other appendages) which would damage the optics and/or housing of Speed Booster® They need to be modified before they can be safely used on Speed Booster® Check and make sure there are no rear protrusions from the adapter/lens combination before using on Speed Booster. Scratches and damages caused by rear protrusions or by poor quality adapters are not covered by warranty. The following is an incomplete list of lenses known to be incompatible.